Exporting data across email clients can be simple enough given you have the right tool and know the right way. Except that exporting email messages from Mac Mail to Outlook turns out to be an or deal every so often. These two clients share neither a common data file nor they even are for same platforms.
Export email messages from Mac Mail to Outlook
But today we bring the simplest tutorial on how to export email messages from Mac Mail to Outlook available today. It requires no strict expertise on data files nor any experience, only the basic ability to follow the instructions and clicking ‘next.’
So, let us not waste time and see how you can migrate your data like a professional:
How to export email messages from Mac Mail to Outlook
First things first, you need “Mail Extractor Pro.” You can get a setup here, and for the purpose of this tutorial, you can even use it in a free trial mode until you feel comfortable and are ready to activate to full version. Double-click on the setup file and follow the instructions to install. And then follow the steps outlined below:
- Click on “Load” next to Apple Mail icon.
- Choose either Autoload to automatically load the native Profile database
- Or, choose ‘Open’ to select any other backup database location
- Tick the boxes next to the folders you want to convert (untick to exclude)
- Optional: tick the “Ignore all empty folder’ option box if you do not want to convert any empty folder.
- Optional: Set a limit for the PST file to split large files. If set zero, all the ‘Mail’ items will be converted into a single file, which is not recommended because the file can get too large and would be difficult to import.
- Click Convert. Wait for the conversion to be over, then click on the “Locate Converted PST.”
- Move the PST files to your Windows PC.
- Launch Outlook on your Windows and go to:
- Open and Export à Import/Export
- Import from another program or file, and then click Next.
- Select Outlook Data file (.pst) and click next
- Browse to the PST file/s from the above step and select it (them)
- Choose the account or folder you want to import the data into.
This is the quickest way to export your email messages from Mac Mail to Outlook. It also moves emails, contacts, and calendar data inside the same PST files. No need to use any other file format for those items. Also, “Mail Extractor Pro” makes sure all the details and metadata are preserved, such as: images, headers, nested emails, text formatting, links, email addresses, HTML messages, and more.
Get it to export email messages from mac Mail to Outlook
Give it a try!
Get a free trial version here. No need to fill up any form or give any information. It is an instant download link that can get you started in just a few minutes.